Improve supply chain communication
and data management
UL has created a powerful digital platform to help companies across supply chains intelligently share, analyze and manage product-related data. UL Supply Chain Network uniquely combines a survey tool, network effect, and derived intelligent data in one platform that offers unrestricted product category data collection.
Supply chain data management challenges
Despite the heavy investment of man hours from companies up and down supply chains to manually provide and process accurate and complete product related information, the volume of requests often becomes unmanageable. The demand ultimately weakens the reliability and integrity of the data and its value in the supply chain for making critical business decisions and managing compliance.
UL’s Supply Chain Network is a powerful digital platform to help companies across supply chains intelligently share, analyze and manage product related data. It enables buyers to quickly and easily create replicable frameworks in a secure environment for suppliers to submit required information. This consistent format for collecting data empowers companies to process and manage submitted data to make critical business decisions to meet increasing consumer and regulatory demands with improved efficiency and confidence.
UL can help
Supply Chain Network has advanced translation capabilities to reduce the efforts required and delays caused by language barriers when trading internationally. The automated system effectively gathers, shares and manages information and data across a supply chain and offers additional value to both buyers and suppliers by:
- Managing the simple update of frequently changing information due to changes in formulation, physical properties or regulations
- Saving and accessing data on UL’s secure, reliable network protecting confidential business information
- Increasing the quality and accuracy of data
- Decreasing turnaround time and completion rates for Questionnaires
- Mitigating risk of passing inaccurate data through multiple tiers of the supply chain
- Option for suppliers to share the data with multiple buyers, ultimately saving them time
How it works
- Buyers (called Requestors) assemble product surveys (ranging from physical properties to regulatory information) within the UL multilingual compliance questionnaire library, then invite their suppliers to join Supply Chain Network.
- Suppliers submit answers from their personal dashboard. The data is securely stored in Supply Chain Network. The same responses can be used to submit to other customer requests. Additionally, suppliers can make and manage requests to their own suppliers.
- Confidentiality is maintained and Requestors are able to analyze and report on permission-based data that was received and stored within the application.
- Requestors manage and track activity within the application. Results can be optionally ported into ERP, formulation, logistics and other information systems.
Questions? Let's talk.
Learn how you can share, analyze and manage product related data with UL’s Supply Chain Network.