by Eleanor Grimes, PhD
Published in the Official Journal on 11th August 2020, the 15th ATP to CLP implements a series of new Annex VI harmonised substance classifications, including new harmonised Acute Toxicity Estimates (ATEs) for Nitric acid, which will apply from March 1st 2022.
The 15th ATP consists of 37 new entries, 21 updates and 2 deleted entries.
Amongst the new entries:
- Nitric acid…% [C ≤ 70%] (CAS 7697-37-2, Index No. 007-030-00-3)has been added to include the Acute Tox. 2 (H331) classification, along with harmonised ATEs
- MBIT (CAS 2527-66-4) has been included with a 15 ppm specific concentration limit for skin sensitisation
- There is a new harmonised classification for Glyoxylic acid (CAS 298-12-4)
Notable updates include:
- The existing nitric acid …% entry (CAS 7697-37-2, Index No. 007-004-00-1) which has been updated to specify Nitric acid …% [C > 70%], and includes a new acute toxicity hazard
- The plastic additive DOTE (CAS 15571-58-1) which now has additional STOT and aquatic hazard classifications
- The pesticide OIT (CAS 26530-20-1) which has had a complete classification upgrade included additional ATEs and M-factors.
Recommended Action Items
- Review the new, updated and deleted entries to Annex VI to determine those that may impact your product line.
- Update the affected labels and SDSs prior to the 1 March 2022 deadline.
Never Miss an Update:
UL’s global Regulatory Assurance Team contains more than 50 regulatory analysts worldwide, serving customers in six continents, with multi-lingual support in more than 30 languages. Our team can help you navigate the complex, ever changing regulatory landscape to understand and execute your compliance obligations.
For all of the latest regulatory news and the most important industry updates, sign up for our monthly Regulatory Round-Up Newsletter.