Are You Ready For The Poison Centre Notification Deadline?
Annex VIII to the CLP Regulation will see Poison Centre information harmonised across the European Union (EU). This new legislation will apply from 1st January 2020, and introduces a number of major changes for companies who supply hazardous chemicals.
With new submission requirements such as product category, full chemical composition, toxicological information and a UFI number, submitting data to Poison Centres is a complex process.
UL can help. Our world-class team of global regulatory specialists and our expert software tools can assist you in meeting your obligations and avoiding the financial and legal costs of non-compliance.
White Paper: A "How To" Guide to Reach Annex VIII Compliance
In an attempt to harmonise Poison Centre information across the EU, Annex VIII to CLP was published in March 2017, and laid out a number of key processes, obligations, and deadlines relating to Poison Centre Notifications.
These requirements – which must be satisfied to avoid the financial and legal costs of non-compliance – depend on the products you supply and your role in the supply chain.
This free White Paper – co-authored by UL Regulatory Specialists Dr. Charlotte Blackburn and Dr. Rebecca Pickering – takes you through some of the key requirements of Annex VIII, and helps identify the steps you need to take to achieve accurate compliance.
More of our free Poison Centre Resources – including White Papers, Webinars, and FAQs – can be found at the bottom of this page.
Do You Need To Submit A Poison Centre Notification?
The obligation to submit a Poison Centre Notification (PCN) is dependent on your role in the supply chain and the products in your portfolio.
Understanding your legal requirements under the new regulation is a complicated task, and raises a number of vital questions, such as:
- Are you required to submit a Poison Centre Notification?
- When do you need to submit the information?
- What sort of information do you need to submit?
- How do you prepare and submit the information?
- How much does it cost?
- What happens if your product changes?
- How do you generate a UFI number?
- How much information do you need on the formulation?
- Can you include multiple products in the same PCN?
UL can help. Our experts offer a full Poison Centre Notification Service for companies who have an obligation to notify their hazardous mixtures, crucially saving you time, money and resource.
Get expert regulatory guidance on EU Poison Centres for the UK, Ireland, France, Germany and more.
If you would like to understand your requirements and avoid the financial and legal costs of non-compliance, complete the contact form below and one of our experts will get in touch with you to see how we can help.
COMING SOON: Poison Centre Notification Software
This tool will be available in the second half of 2019, and will enable users to easily create compliant Poison Centre Notifications to meet their legal obligations well within the ECHA deadlines.
- Generates and stores PCNs in an XML format
- Prompts users to add information that is legally required but not yet present (e.g. packaging)
- Allows manipulation of the XML within a user-friendly, readable interface
- Translation capabilities – translations can be pulled from the databases that they are linked to
- Information specific to certain Member States can be added where additionally required
- UFI number is generated within the system, included in output and checked for duplication
- Smart interface which allows users to track submissions
- XMLs are checked against ECHA-defined validation rules, and will prompt users where there are failures or advisories
If you are interested in hearing more about our new Poison Centre Notification Software Module, and how it can help you easily satisfy your obligations under the new regulations, complete the contact form below and one of our Solutions Specialists will get in touch with you to see how we can help.
Complying With Poison Centres
If you would like to understand your PCN compliance requirements, or you are interested in hearing more about our new PCN Software Module, complete the contact form below and one of our experts will get in touch with you to see how we can help.
Please provide as much detail as possible so that we can assign the most appropriate specialists to assist with your query.