TSCA Essentials [ Virtual Classroom ]
PLEASE NOTE: In light of the global response to COVID-19, all in-person Classroom Training has been temporarily suspended. Details regarding our Virtual Classroom session can be found below.
The TSCA Essentials Training Course scheduled for 15-18 February 2021 will now take place as a live online training session over four days:
- Monday 15th February 2021
- Tuesday 16th February 2021
- Wednesday 17th February 2021
- Thursday 18th February 2021
Start and end times for each day: 11:00am – 3:00pm EDT
It is critical for companies that manufacture, import, process, or use chemicals in the U.S. to possess the fundamental understandings of how the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) affects their businesses.
This popular course is designed to provide TSCA practitioners, both new and experienced, with the tools needed to perform their daily work. The course will use interactive instruction with a focus on today’s TSCA, where electronic reporting is the norm for Section 5 notices and other submissions.
Benefits of Attending
You will learn about all of the major requirements under the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) new and existing chemicals programs, as well as learn how to:
- Find the information that you will need to successfully carry out your job on a daily basis;
- Determine the TSCA Inventory status of the chemicals that your company manufactures, imports, processes, or uses; and,
- Prepare PMNs and Section 5 exemption applications using the EPA’s e-PMN software.
In addition, you will receive citations to the relevant sections of the TSCA statute and the corresponding EPA regulations, as well as applicable Agency guidance documents, for all of the major requirements under TSCA.
Finally, all attendees will receive PDF handouts prepared by UL’s TSCA experts which will serve as handy references moving forwards.
|Event Dates||Location||Seats Available||Event Registration|
|Feb 15, 2021 - Feb 18, 2021||Online||Closed||Registration Closed|
NOTE: Following the Registration links in the table above will take you to our Training Sign Up Portal, where you will be asked to enter your Login Details, or Create an Account if you are a New User.
For more information about this course, other regulatory training courses, or to request training at your location, please complete our Training Request form.
Why should you attend?
- Learn about the most up-to-date TSCA regulations
- Improve EPA software knowledge
- Learn where and how to find the information that you need to comply with applicable regulations
- Learn how to prepare complete and robust notices for new chemicals
- Learn about the relative advantages and disadvantages of exemptions versus PMNs
- Learn how EPA reviews submitted notices
- Regulatory Coverage
This course covers all sections of the TSCA regulation with an emphasis on Section 5 notifications and Section 8 and other reporting requirements.
This course is designed to provide a solid base of knowledge for those new to TSCA and as a practical learning experience and refresher for more experienced practitioners; no prior knowledge or course prerequisites are required.
To get the full benefit of this course, we advise that you also:
- Register with EPA’s Central Data Exchange (CDX), EPA CDX User Guide
- Add the Chemical Safety and Pesticides Programs (CSPP) service; and
- Select a user role.
Once you complete this process, you’ll be able to log in to the CDX and access the cloud-based e-PMN Software (aka the Thin Client), from any computer connected to the internet.
- Introductions and Procedural Information
- Course Objectives and Review of Course Materials
Part 1: Introduction to TSCA
- History and Background Information
- TSCA Information Sources
- The TSCA Inventory
Part 2: New Chemicals Program
- Premanufacture Notification for New Chemical Substances
- Premanufacture Notification Exemptions
- Section 5 Notice Preparation
- EPA’s PMN Review Process
- Significant New Use Rules
Part 3: Existing Chemicals Program
- Reporting and Retention of Information
- Testing of Chemical Substances and Mixtures
- Prioritization, Risk Evaluation, and Regulation of Chemical Substances and Mixtures
- Chemical Exports and Imports
Part 4: Enforcement, Compliance and Wrap-Up
- TSCA Enforcement and Compliance
- Course Wrap-Up
What is the cost of this Training Course?
The fee for attending this training course is $1500 per person.
Would You Like More Information?
If you are interested in this Training Course, but would like more information about the course outline, upcoming class dates, or to request on-site training at your location, please click the “I’m Interested” button below to let us know, and our Training Team will be happy to help.
If you would like further information about ANY of our existing Training Courses, or you would like to suggest a topic for a new Training Courses, click the “Get In Touch” button below, and our Training Staff will get back to you.
Regulatory Information At Your Fingertips
Navigator is your comprehensive service provider for regulatory information, all in one place. With instant access to a comprehensive compliance knowledge base for over 50 countries, Navigator helps to widen your focus from the substance-specific to the big picture of chemical regulations, including requirements that aren’t associated with a regulatory list.
Navigator is a dynamic tool, which is constantly being updated by our global Regulatory Specialists as soon as changes occur. It helps you find exactly what you need without the hassle; saving you time and money.