TSCA Training Essentials [ Classroom ]
It is critical for companies that manufacture, import, process, or use chemicals in the U.S. to possess the fundamental understandings of how the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) affects their businesses.
This popular three-day course is designed to provide TSCA practitioners, both new and experienced, with the tools needed to perform their daily work. The course will use interactive instruction with a focus on today’s TSCA, where electronic reporting is the norm for Section 5 notices and other submissions.
Benefits of Attending
You will learn about all of the major requirements under the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) new and existing chemicals programs, as well as learn how to:
- Find the information that you will need to successfully carry out your job on a daily basis;
- Determine the TSCA Inventory status of the chemicals that your company manufactures, imports, processes, or uses; and,
- Prepare PMNs and Section 5 exemption applications using the EPA’s e-PMN software.
In addition, you will receive citations to the relevant sections of the TSCA statute and the corresponding EPA regulations, as well as applicable Agency guidance documents, for all of the major requirements under TSCA.
Finally, all attendees will receive hard copy handouts prepared by UL’s TSCA experts, and electronic versions of EPA guidance documents, all of which will serve as handy references moving forwards.
|Event Dates||Location||Seats Available||Event Registration|
|May 14, 2019 - May 16, 2019||Pittsburgh, PA||Closed||Registration Closed|
|Oct 8, 2019 - Oct 10, 2019||Northbrook, IL||Open||Registration|
|Oct 15, 2019 - Oct 17, 2019||Pittsburgh, PA||Open||Registration|
The course will begin at 8:30 am and finish at approximately 4:30 pm each day.
NOTE: Following the Registration links in the table above will take you to our Training Sign Up Portal, where you will be asked to enter your Login Details, or Create an Account if you are a New User.
For more information about this course, other regulatory training courses, or to request training at your location, please complete our Training Request form.
This course covers all sections of the TSCA regulation with an emphasis on Section 5 notifications and Section 8 and other reporting requirements.
This course is designed to provide a solid base of knowledge for those new to TSCA and as a practical learning experience and refresher for more experienced practitioners; no prior knowledge or course prerequisites are required. However, all students must either:
- bring their own notebook or laptop computer, or
- request to use a UL laptop at least two weeks prior to the start of the course.
To get the full benefit of this course, we advise that you also:
- Register with EPA’s Central Data Exchange (CDX);
- Add the Chemical Safety and Pesticides Programs (CSPP) service; and
- Select a user role.
- Watch our CDX Registration Guide video
After you register for this course, you will receive an email with instructions to complete these steps. Once you complete this process, you’ll be able to log in to the CDX and access the cloud-based e-PMN Software (aka the Thin Client), from any computer connected to the internet.
Part 1: Introduction to TSCA
- TSCA Regulatory Perspective
- History and Background Information
- TSCA Information Sources
- Exercise for Module 3
- The TSCA Inventory
- Exercise for Module 4
Part 2: New Chemicals Program
- Pre-manufacture Notification for New Chemical Substances
- Exercise for Module 5
- Pre-manufacture Notification Exemptions
- Exercise for Module 6
- Significant New Use Rules
- Exercise for Module 7
- Reporting Requirements for Microorganisms (Optional)
Part 3: Section 5 Notice Preparation
- Section 5 Notice Preparation
- The e-PMN Final Rule
- Instructions for Reporting
- Scenario Parts I, II, and III
- EPA’s PMN Review Process
- Section 5 Notice Preparation
Part 4: Existing Chemicals Program
- Reporting and Retention of Information
- Exercise for Module 10
- Testing of Chemical Substances and Mixtures
- Exercise for Module 11
- Regulation of Hazardous Chemical Substances and Mixtures
- Exercise for Module 12
- Chemical Exports and Imports
- Exercise for Module 13
Part 5: Enforcement, Compliance and Wrap-Up
- TSCA Enforcement and Compliance
- Course Wrap-Up
- Summary of Key Provisions in the LCSA
Would You Like More Information?
If you are interested in this Training Course, but would like more information about the course outline, upcoming class dates, or to request on-site training at your location, please click the “I’m Interested” button below to let us know, and our Training Team will be happy to help.
If you would like further information about ANY of our existing Training Courses, or you would like to suggest a topic for a new Training Courses, click the “Get In Touch” button below, and our Training Staff will get back to you.
Regulatory Information At Your Fingertips
Navigator is your one stop shop for regulatory information, providing you with concise chemical regulatory summaries for over 50 countries across the globe.
This smart tool compiles the most important information in one place, with simple explanations of complex regulatory topics, and links to laws and helpful resources.
The information in Navigator is constantly being updated by our global Regulatory Specialists as soon as changes occur, and delivers genuine insights from our experts by providing you with exactly what you need to know, saving you time and money on research, and giving you an invaluable sense of clarity.
Click on the banner to start your FREE 30 Day Navigator Trial today.